At Blueprint Medicines we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution with a focus on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicine to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
The Program Team Leader will be responsible for directing the strategy and ensuring operational excellence across one or more of Blueprint Medicines clinical stage programs. Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, the Program Team Leader will be responsible to provide leadership throughout the execution of the programs, driving business decisions to achieve program and aligning planning assumptions. The right candidate will possess an in-depth understanding of the drug development process, and have experience ranging from manufacturing to product development and successful product commercialization. The Program Team Lead will be responsible for partnering with executive management to ensure effective coordination across functions to deliver the program strategy and to meet Blueprint Medicine’s corporate goals. The Program Team Lead position is an opportunity to provide leadership in a dynamic and fast-growing company across all aspects of the business.
- Leader of the cross-functional program teams responsible for the clinical development and commercial preparation of BLU-554 and BLU-667.
- Develop and execute on the strategic plan to register and commercialize Blueprint Medicines clinical stage drug candidates as well as develop the long-term vision for the program, contemplating regulatory and commercial expansion well beyond the path to initial approval.
- Mobilize and align planning assumptions, driving business decisions at the core team and in governance settings, as well as working with functional area specific sub-teams to execute against the program and business strategy.
- Oversees the development of a comprehensive set of plans, applying knowledge of drug discovery, development, manufacturing, commercialization, to create discipline specific project plans, integrated into a comprehensive program plan spanning all aspects of the program, including internal and external deliverables. Tracks progress/variances against goals, timelines and critical path activities.
- Monitor progress, identify issues and lead contingency planning and problem-solving to resolve; escalate issues to resolution removing barriers or hurdles; prioritize needed actions and secure timely decisions; and proactively communicate timeline slippage and identify mitigation action.
- Drive innovation by challenging the status quo, acting as a thought partner and contributing to strategic thinking at all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for general management of the programs, partnering with executive management and functional leaders on goal setting and in long-range planning, enabling accurate project, financial and portfolio analyses for planning processes and resource allocation.
- 15+ year of industry experience with 8+ years of leading and managing clinical drug development programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences with a preference for an advanced degree (MBA, MPH, MS, PhD, etc.)
- Proven experience leading late-stage clinical development and pre-commercialization activities; launch experience strongly preferred.
- Drug development and approval process experience with advanced knowledge of FDA, EMA and ICH regulations, industry standards and quality control principles.
- Experience with Compassionate Use Programs, Investigator Sponsored Trials, and transition of clinical programs to commercialization highly preferred.
- Experience managing, motivating and retaining a group of employees, either as a direct supervisor, or as the clearly identified leader of a multifunctional team.
- Demonstrated leadership within a multi-function matrix high-growth organization, with proven abilities to influence, negotiate and resolve conflicts without clear reporting authority.
- Demonstration of strong leadership and communication skills; A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner.
- Capable of strategic thinking coupled with identifying and progressing innovative solutions to challenging clinical, manufacturing, regulatory, and commercial problems.
- Professional maturity, ability to build positive working relationships and influence cross-functionally and externally. A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion across a broad range of disciplines.
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams while creating a boundary-less environment that fosters curiosity and taking risks, openness to new approaches, diversity of new thought, and opportunistic thinking.
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.