At Blueprint Medicines we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution with a focus on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic drivers of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. Our uniquely targeted, scalable approach empowers the rapid design and development of new treatments and increases the likelihood of clinical success. In addition to multiple research programs, we are currently advancing three investigational medicines in clinical development for subsets of patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors, systemic mastocytosis, hepatocellular carcinoma, non-small cell lung cancer, medullary thyroid cancer, and other genomically defined cancers.
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to drive product communications for our lead therapeutic candidate avapritinib, as well as our other medicines in development. Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Affairs, the Associate Director of Product Communications will develop strategic product public relations plans and execute effective communication programs through traditional channels and social media. Additional responsibilities include building relationships and facilitating productive executive interactions with news media and leading digital and social media channels. The right candidate will be a highly effective communicator with excellent written communication skills, a team player capable of collaborating with a dynamic cross-functional team, and a highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable innovating in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced start-up company environment.
- Develop strategic product public relations plans to effectively communicate about the company’s development-stage therapeutic candidates in line with business goals
- Manage ongoing execution of the day-to-day communication activities for Blueprint Medicines’ development-stage medicines including support for medical congresses, regulatory milestones, data unblindings and launch preparation efforts
- Lead the development of core communication materials, including compelling message platforms, standard responses, and additional materials supporting effective communication across a range of external and internal audiences
- Coordinate productive media interactions with senior executives and work the VP of Corporate Affairs to establish and maintain relationships with key healthcare, business and trade reporters;
- Identify potential product and company-related issues and deploy proactive management strategies in collaboration with other functions and company leadership
- Oversee management of the corporate website and drive certain digital and social media initiatives
- Collaborate effectively and serve as a communications advisor to cross-functional product teams, including commercial, medical affairs, legal, regulatory, patient advocacy and investor relations
- Manage PR agency relationship and ensure activities are completed on budget and on time
- Work collaboratively with internal communications to ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in public relations, journalism or communications discipline preferred
- 8+ years of experience in biopharmaceutical communications, including experience in product communications
- Relevant experience at a communications agency and/or in-house experience at another high-growth biopharmaceutical company in a similar role is required
- Strong understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry, drug development and regulatory processes, and commercialization of therapeutics
- Experience leading communication efforts to support the launch of a new therapeutic candidate for cancer or a rare disease is preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated proficiency in translating high science content into meaningful messages for external audiences
- Strong media experience and a successful track record as a spokesperson
- Well versed in digital communication strategy including social media, with an understanding of the evolving legal and regulatory framework for biopharmaceutical companies
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and influence decision-making without authority
- Awareness of and experience addressing common potential issues within the therapeutic product lifecycle related to clinical development, regulatory interactions, competition, and access and reimbursement
- Highly motivated individual with the flexibility and creativity to excel in a rapidly growing and changing environment; confidence and organizational skills to independently work on multiple tasks
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.