At Blueprint Medicines we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution with a focus on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic drivers of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally.
Our uniquely targeted, scalable approach empowers the rapid design and development of new treatments and increases the likelihood of clinical success. In addition to multiple research programs, we are currently advancing three investigational medicines in clinical development for subsets of patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors, systemic mastocytosis, hepatocellular carcinoma, non-small cell lung cancer, medullary thyroid cancer, and other genomically defined cancers.
We are seeking a growth-oriented, forward leaning communications professional to drive internal communication plans and programming as we continue to build towards becoming a company that brings transformative new medicines to patients. Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Affairs, the Senior Manager of Internal Communications will develop and execute effective employee and executive communication initiatives in close collaboration with corporate affairs, human resources and senior leaders across the company. The right candidate will be a highly effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills, a champion of transparent, patient-centric, employee oriented and science-driven corporate culture, and a highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable innovating in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced company environment.
- Develop and drive execution of an internal communications plan aligned with the company’s vision, strategy and culture
- Plan and manage an active calendar of internal communication initiatives such as employee-oriented communications, company meetings, social events and major change management initiatives
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and internal stakeholders by developing materials such as company-wide emails and company meeting presentations, and manage internal stakeholder reviews
- Support corporate and functional area change management communication associated with the company’s continued growth and evolution.
- Proactively build reputation management programs and manage the internal communication response to any issues that arise that could impact corporate reputation and/or organizational perception. Develop and implement an externally focused thought leadership initiative to highlight the insights and expertise of Blueprint Medicines’ senior executives, functional leaders and employees
- Lead the development and execution of a community engagement plan with activities that involve internal employees and that effectively communicate Blueprint’s key messages relating to corporate citizenship.
- Identify and utilize creative communication mediums and technologies to enhance programming
- Partner with IT and cross-functional colleagues to develop and manage a new intranet
- Oversee disciplined implementation of the corporate brand company wide
- Provide support for recruitment programing and communications for prospective employees
- Collaborate effectively and serve as a communications advisor to senior executives, functional leaders, and human resources and corporate affairs team members
- Manage vendor relationships including contracting, budgets and timelines
- Work collaboratively with product communications to ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in public relations, journalism or communications discipline preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with a focus on internal communications or corporate communications with 10+ years of integrated communications experience
- Relevant internal or corporate communications experience at a communication agency and/or in-house experience at another biopharmaceutical company is preferred
- Strong understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry, drug development and regulatory processes, and commercialization of therapeutics
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with particular strength in presentation development including PowerPoint
- Creative ability to devise highly effective communication strategies and materials
- A professional, outgoing personality with a high level of energy and strong work ethic; capable of effectively influencing and collaborating with senior executives and employees at all levels across the organization
- Highly motivated individual with the flexibility and creativity to excel in a rapidly growing and changing environment; confidence and project management skills to independently work on multiple tasks
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.