Blueprint Medicines is a top-tier, publicly-traded (BPMC) biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing highly-selective kinase inhibitors for genomically defined diseases. Originally funded by Third Rock Ventures, the company has built a sophisticated genomics platform and a one-of-kind annotated compound collection which is delivering a pipeline of novel therapies. In just three years, four programs have been established in genomically defined cancers and one program in the rare genetic disease space.
- Blueprint Medicines seeks an exceptional candidate for a Scientist/Sr. Scientist of Process Chemistry Research and Development. This position reports into the Director of Process Chemistry R&D. The right candidate will possess an in-depth understanding of small molecules DS-related activities.
- Oversee the design, planning, and execution of multi-step organic syntheses of small molecules as a member of cross-functional development teams
- Work with internal and external teams, as well as preferred Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMOs) to efficiently design and deliver high quality chemical processes for API delivery
- Proactively work to manage vendors with regard to scope, timelines, and deliverables
- Work closely with Medicinal Chemists to ensure synthetic route, pharmaceutical form, and compound properties are appropriate for development
- Support drug substance scale-up, GLP, and GMP manufacturing activities
- Drafting and reviewing of technical and GMP documents, scientific manuscripts, CMC-regulatory documents for regulatory filings and patent applications
Desired Skills and Experience
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in organic chemistry, in addition to 5-8 years of applicable experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry role is required
PhD (or Postdoc) in organic chemistry in addition to 3-5 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry role is required
- Experience in API manufacturing associated with small molecules in clinical development
- Management of drug substance development and manufacture under an outsourcing model
- Experience with technology transfer and outsourced work on process development, kilo-lab preparation, and plant production
- Provides scientific guidance to CMO’s on the assigned programs; helps trouble-shooting development and production issues.
- Management of on-time API deliveries for drug safety studies, formulation development, preclinical, and clinical studies
- Preparation of CMC documents suitable for regulatory and/or patent filings.
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.