The Associate Director/Director of Marketing will be responsible for providing leadership, strategy and successful operational execution to help prepare for, build and lead Blueprint Medicines’ first potential US commercial product launch. The primary objective will be to establish our leadership position in GIST by building strong foundational relationships with key opinion leaders, developing and executing on strategic product plans, liaising between commercial, patient advocacy and medical affairs, and ultimately achieving top and bottom line financial growth for the product if it is approved. The individual will report to the Senior Director, New Product Strategy and Development, and be a key member of the Commercial Development team.
- Play a leading role in driving the successful commercialization of BLU-285, if approved, through effective market development, launch and commercial activities in GIST and additional potential future labeled indications.
- Understand the opportunities and challenges in the US oncology and rare disease markets. Identify, analyze and prioritize innovative strategies and tactics for market development and commercialization. Develop and execute on appropriate and impactful product plans.
- Identify, engage and develop strong foundational relationships with key US stakeholders including KOLs, treating physicians, and patient advocates. Gather insights from key stakeholders to inform strategic plans.
- Represent Blueprint Medicines at medical conferences, patient advocacy meetings, and industry meetings.
- Build and manage the US marketing team in preparation for a potential launch.
- Lead market research and strategic projects, working cross-functionally with internal teams (including patient advocacy, CI, medical affairs) to assess market issues and needs. Define strategic solutions (market development, marketing, reimbursement) to position BLU-285 for future growth.
- Develop and ensure strong alignment and, upon approval, strong execution of product positioning, branding and messaging while maintaining a high standard of quality and compliance for Blueprint Medicines.
- Meet or exceed market development and marketing objectives for BLU-285 if it is approved, overseeing the development and successful implementation of product strategy and tactics.
- Directly manage the US marketing budget for BLU-285.
- Understand the regulatory environment and comply with all ethical, legal and regulatory requirements, including without limitation those of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Marketing Act, and the PhRMA Code, and ensure strategies and materials for promotion and marketing are only for approved indications of the company’s products.
- Work independently in the resolution of business challenges and issues in order to facilitate the continued growth and management of the US business.
- Work with field personnel (medical affairs, sales and managed markets) to identify and address key account organizational issues and challenges that affect the growth and development of Blueprint Medicines’ products.
- Assist in the planning, evaluation and implementation of sales, marketing and training needs.
- BA/BS degree required. MBA, advanced degree or other equivalent experience preferred.
- At least 10 years of industry experience, including at least 5 years of marketing and product launch experience, preferably in oncology or rare diseases and/or other disease states with pioneering therapeutic approaches.
- Experience in commercial development, healthcare strategy consulting and/or biopharmaceutical sales with a strategic marketing lens are highly valued.
- Demonstrated track record showing high business impact via strategic planning and operational excellence.
- Extensive therapeutic area knowledge in oncology and/or rare diseases with proven ability to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of disease states and gain credibility among disease experts.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize and translate market data into actionable, impactful business plans.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with the ability to represent Blueprint Medicines to external stakeholders including KOLs, treating physicians, patient advocates and industry experts.
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills, dedication to mentoring and ability to attract, select, motivate and retain talent.
- A team player who is able to influence without authority, gain consensus and act independently within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Broad degree of professional versatility with internal drive and curiosity to take on new and challenging roles and responsibilities.
- Flexibility and the ability to plan and nimbly adapt strategy and approaches to changing conditions.
- Motivated by patient focus, urgency and personal commitment to high performance, results and compliance. Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic.
Required Travel: 25-50%
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.