Blueprint Medicines is a top-tier, publicly-traded (BPMC) Biopharmaceutical Company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing highly-selective kinase inhibitors for genomically defined diseases. Originally funded by Third Rock Ventures, the company has built a sophisticated genomics platform and a one-of-kind annotated compound collection which is delivering a pipeline of novel therapies. In just three years, four programs have been established in genomically defined cancers and one program in the rare genetic disease space.
Excellent opportunity to join the Legal Department in a high-growth biopharmaceutical company in Cambridge. The Contract Manager will have prior experience working with life sciences companies where they have exuded a sense of urgency and passion for their work while contributing to the company goals. He/she will be part of a small team that is responsible for drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts including agreements with hospitals, universities, contract manufacturing organizations, contract research organizations, consultants and vendors. This position requires strong communication and project management skills and a great deal of resourcefulness and autonomy in accomplishing a wide variety of tasks. The Contract Manager will collaborate across the organization and will have the opportunity to help us make an impact on patients’ lives!
- Draft and negotiate a high volume of contracts, including without limitation master services agreements and work orders, consulting agreements, engagement letters, grant agreements, sponsorship agreements, confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements, supply agreements, quality agreements, and research agreements.
- Interface with internal management and external parties to gather specifications and terms necessary for contract drafting and negotiations.
- Work in close collaboration with cross-functional teams and external vendors on contract renewals.
- Ensure fully executed contracts are properly entered into the contracts management system and update information, as required.
- Actively help implement and manage contract management tools and other technology adopted by the Legal Department. Help ensure the contract repository is accurate and up to date.
- Help implement new policies and procedures.
- Train internal clients on policies, procedures and systems as requested.
- Work closely with members of Finance and other departments to help ensure compliance with cross-functional policies and procedures.
- Help develop and update contract templates, training materials, and relevant portions of the Legal Department’s intranet site content.
- Assist with the Company’s Federal and state reporting requirements.
- Prepare materials such as Board of Directors resolutions, Secretary’s Certificates and Powers of Attorney, as needed.
- Serve as a liaison with outside counsel, as requested.
- Generate reports, presentations, spreadsheets, memos and other documents for the Legal Department, clients and/or the senior management team.
- Participate as a member of transaction teams, as requested.
- Conduct research, as needed.
- Complete special projects such as collaborating on department-wide or company-wide initiatives, as requested.
This position does not have managerial responsibility or budgetary discretion. It is anticipated that this position may require up to 10% travel time.
- 5+ years of experience drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts relevant to the life sciences industry
- Prior in-house experience as a member of a legal department or clinical affairs department in a biotechnology or pharmaceuticals company strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, problem-solve and operate in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment and commitment to ethical conduct
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information using excellent discretion and judgment
- Strong computer literacy with intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe and contract management systems a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and still meet high quality and timeliness standards under pressure
- Team player with a commitment to developing strong collaborative relationships with other members of the department, clients and cross-functional teams
- Solution-oriented, positive, “can do” approach
- Comfortable in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make an impact
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and be reliable and responsive
- Ability to be flexible and willing to accept new responsibilities as needed
- Commitment to proactively seeking, designing and implementing improvements and engaging with appropriate stakeholders to propose and implement solutions
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.