The Director, Trade and Distribution will be responsible for managing and ensuring seamless delivery of product to patients. The Director will implement and oversee the distribution strategy for Blueprint Medicines across all US channels. Primary objectives will be:
- Implement the distribution channel for BLU-285, if approved, ensuring launch readiness to deliver product for patients
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with distribution partners
- Oversee distribution operations, ensuring that BLU-285, if approved, reaches patients and providers efficiently, accurately and cost effectively
- Over time, to scale and refine the distribution, pricing and contracting strategies as appropriate with any future approved indication(s).
In addition, this individual will work closely with finance to ensure compliant government price reporting. He/she will also establish and implement product serialization strategy to ensure secure product track and trace capabilities across various touch points throughout the supply chain.
This individual will work closely with reimbursement and patient services, marketing, finance, manufacturing and supply chain, field sales and managed markets, and be a key member of the Commercial Development team.
- Play a leading role in driving the successful commercialization of BLU-285, if approved, as the strategic and functional lead for US product distribution, partnering closely with reimbursement and patient services to enable high quality product access to patients and providers
- Implement the US Trade and Distribution business plan, ensuring execution of effective trade strategies and programs across multiple customer segments
- Develop Specialty Pharmacy strategy (evaluate and select partners, services, performance metrics and relevant data to track) in collaboration with cross-functional launch teams, negotiate contractual agreements and manage partners to successfully achieve distribution goals
- Work closely with head of reimbursement and patient services to ensure smooth integration of Specialty Pharmacy partners into HUB services
- Select and manage 3PL and specialty distributor(s) as appropriate to distribute BLU-285 to relevant customer segments. Partner with finance, manufacturing and supply chain to oversee 3PL ordering process, manage distribution inventory and lead overall distribution implementation and operations
- Develop distribution policies and procedures including but not limited to orders, returns and inventory
- Build relationships with key stakeholders on behalf of Blueprint Medicines, such as purchasing organizations and pricing compendia, and state and national bodies that influence policy and access
- Ensure all state distribution licenses are current
- Manage the US Trade and Distribution budget
- Partner with information systems and business analytics to provide distribution channel analytics, ensuring data integrity and adequate data flows between the company, distribution vendors and trade partners. Develop and disseminate distribution related key performance indicators and analyses. Ensure reporting of accurate information to senior management, managed markets and field sales teams
- Manage distribution inventory and work closely with finance and manufacturing to inform demand forecasts
- Work with finance to ensure compliant government pricing reporting
- Capture and report data that ensures compliance with government reporting requirements
- Monitor changes that will affect price reporting and ensure compliance with those changes
- Work with finance to develop and maintain gross to net forecast and government rebate forecast (including Medicare and Medicaid rebates), and to accurately reflect gross/net revenues and respond to audit requests
- Develop strategy for and oversee product serialization in compliance with the Drug Quality and Security Act, including implementation of an electronic, interoperable system to identify and trace product through the supply chain
- Work with field personnel to provide key distribution channel analytics in the form of regular, actionable reports. Train field personnel on distribution strategy and programs, and provide updates on pricing actions
- BA/BS degree required. MBA, advanced degree or other equivalent experience preferred
- At least 10 years of industry experience, including 5 years of direct involvement in distribution operations and managing trade partners. Prior experience with reimbursement and patient access strongly preferred
- Experience establishing distribution strategy for oncology and/or rare disease therapies required, including experience with oral, Medicare Part D products
- Experience negotiating and managing complex contracts, building infrastructure to capture and report actionable performance metrics, and managing multiple partners to successfully achieve business goals
- Experience managing 340B discounts and operating a compliant price reporting process
- Demonstrated track record showing high business impact via strategic planning and operational excellence
- Deep knowledge of US pharmaceutical channel dynamics, payer coverage and reimbursement environment, government policies pertaining to price reporting obligations, and contracting strategies
- Ability to manage complex, multi-dimensional projects with a high degree of ingenuity and innovation
- Skilled at independently organizing project objectives and goals, completing long-term projects on time and within budget and fully integrating them, where appropriate, into the work of other functions (e.g. reimbursement and patient services, marketing, sales operations, finance)
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking (analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills). Able to identify key distribution performance metrics, synthesize data into actionable reports and communicate complex information clearly to internal stakeholders to inform business planning
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and expand company’s presence with distribution partners, pharmaceutical chains and pricing compendia
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills, dedication to mentoring and ability to attract, select, motivate and retain talent
- A team player who is able to collaborate effectively with a broad range of internal functions, influence without authority, gain consensus and act independently within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Broad degree of professional versatility with internal drive and curiosity to take on new and challenging roles and responsibilities
- Flexibility and the ability to plan and nimbly adapt strategy and approaches to changing conditions
- Motivated by patient focus, urgency and personal commitment to high performance, results and compliance. Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic
Location: Cambridge, MA
Required Travel: 20%
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.