Blueprint Medicines - a rapidly growing, mission driven biotech - is seeking a versatile, enthusiastic and -client orientated Front Desk Administrator. This individual will be the ‘face’ of our company brand in support of the business strategy. He/she will ensure employees, guests and callers receive a friendly welcome and the necessary guidance to guarantee a positive overall engagement with Blueprint Medicines. Our home will continue to be in Cambridge, MA but Blueprint Medicines will be moving to our new, state-of-the-art building Q1 2018.
As the Front Desk Administrator, he/she must possess a strong task-execution capability coupled with a dynamic, professional attitude to manage all front desk activities, event/meeting coordination and administrative/project support. In this key role, the ideal candidate will possess a strong sense of urgency that enables a proactive, consultative approach to maximize opportunity and solve problems balanced with a calm, positive disposition who makes the best of any given situation.
The successful candidate will be collaborative, enjoy a fast-paced and hands-on scientific environment and naturally exercises creative thinking.
- A key ambassador of our culture and values as the first point of contact for our guests; providing general Blueprint Medicines information, manage guest information, direct guest to the appropriate team member, and support their visit;
- Receive, transfer and manage all incoming calls;
- Administratively support the operations of the organization by liaising with the Human Resources, Finance Facilities and Executive Assistants to ensure good office stewardship;
- Perform operational tasks including: calendar coordination, event and meeting management; reservation of conference rooms/teleconference services and logistics oversite as needed;
- Serve as an extension of our employment brand to prospective candidates through support of the on-site candidate experience while also aiding new employees during initial onboarding;
- Prepare and distribute correspondence of all types and handle confidential information with discretion;
- Manage the Blueprint Medicines’ food benefit including weekly kitchen inventory, PO’s and catering including tracking and budget management;
- Manage and distribute incoming correspondence, support outgoing packages and ensure that recording and tracking of correspondence is competed timely;
- Manage, monitor and order office supplies, Blueprint Medicines materials and building stock;
- Liaise with Finance in support of invoice management including weekly mailings, filing, new vendor set-up and master file management;
- Manage internal communication messaging on e-bulletin board;
- Ad-hoc projects including, but not limited to, the support of our company building move in Q1 2018.
Qualifications and core competencies:
- BS degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in front desk or administrative support
- Solid knowledge of MS Office
- Demonstrated success in achieving key milestones and contributions to the success of the company
- Positive interpersonal skills that establishes repore in an open, respectful and honest manner. Possesses the ability to develop trust and confidence among all levels within the company
- Highly organized and able to multi task and manage priorities in a high traffic area
- Creative idea generator; not afraid to initiate thinking in ways not exercised before to drive effectiveness and efficiency
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.