Blueprint Medicines, headquartered in Cambridge, MA, is seeking an exceptional candidate for a Program Team Leader role. The right candidate will possess an in-depth understanding of the drug development process, and have experience ranging from manufacturing to product development and successful product commercialization. As a Program Leader, responsibilities and experience include leading cross functional program teams to develop and execute on drug development plans to register and commercialize Blueprint Medicines drug candidates for rare diseases. The Program Team Leader is expected to develop the long-term plan for the program, contemplating regulatory and commercial expansion well beyond the path to initial approval. The position reports into the Senior Director of Program Management.
- Operational leader for one or more of Blueprint’s current clinical development programs
- Serve as visible program champion and focal point for critical program information
- Develop an integrated, cross functional, multi-year plan for the program that contemplates both fast paths to initial approval and commercialization and also incorporates medium and long-term opportunities beyond the obvious first path
- Lead cross-functional program teams to develop strategies and execute on lifecycle management plans to ensure R&D objectives are aligned with overall business strategies
- Manage and deliver product integrated development plans and ensure alignment across strategic, operational and tactical plans
- Drive decision making and associated deliverables across all functions of the team and contribute to the portfolio planning process on behalf of the program(s)
- Establish and maintain integrated cross-project plans to enable accurate project, financial and portfolio analyses
- Ensure accurate project, financial, and portfolio analyses are provided for planning processes and resource allocation
- Manage financial budgeting and forecasting process, including long range planning and budget drivers
- Perform full program planning, goal setting, and execution within team environment
- 10+ year of industry experience with 5+ years of leading and managing preclinical and clinical drug development programs
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences with an advanced degree (MBA, MPH, MS, PhD, etc.)
- Understanding of late-stage clinical development and pre-commercialization activities required
- Drug development and approval process experience with advanced knowledge of FDA, EMA and ICH regulations, industry standards and quality control principles
- Experience with Compassionate Use Programs, Investigator Sponsored Trials, and transition of clinical programs to commercialization highly preferred
- Ability to work effectively with others and within a variety of situations
- Strong oral and written communication skills across all levels, and negotiation skills
- Establishes and drives aggressive project timelines and deliverables
- Creates a boundary-less environment that fosters curiosity and taking risks, openness to new approaches, diversity of new thought, and opportunistic thinking
- Capable of strategic thinking coupled with identifying and progressing innovative solutions to challenging clinical, manufacturing, regulatory, and commercial problems
- Professional maturity, ability to build positive working relationships and influence cross-functionally and externally
- Recognition that team success is not always synonymous with project outcome
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion across a broad range of disciplines
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.