Blueprint Medicines is a clinical stage biopharma that currently has an opportunity for an innovative, independent and highly motivated Program Manager to support and drive the Blueprint Medicines clinical portfolio toward key milestones. The Program and Portfolio Management team is a highly collaborative one and the position will provide an opportunity to be exposed to and have great cross-functional visibility and great growth opportunities.
- Provide broad program management support for 1 or 2 highly selective, molecularly targeted kinase inhibitors currently in clinical development or approaching IND submission
- Work closely with the Program Team Leader to organize team meetings by developing agendas, capturing meeting minutes, tracking and following up on action items
- Work with the project/program lead to facilitate decision making and resolve conflicts;
- Highlight areas of risk and developing mitigation plans
- Build and maintain program timelines and dashboards. Track activities and deliverables against strategic plan
- Anticipate program needs, align program goals and timelines, and liaise cross-functionally with the following groups internally: clinical development, regulatory, discovery, non-clinical toxicology, manufacturing and commercial
- Act as PM representative on a number of functional subteams. Make sure PTL is apprised of current status and issues as they arise
- Work with the Program Team Leader to facilitate decision making and resolve conflicts
- Help to implement SharePoint sites and improve program management tools
- Communicate program status and issues through key documents (monthly reports, timelines, minutes, etc.) to ensure accurate information is available to the broader organization to enable pipeline and milestone decisions.
- Collaborates with Finance and other functional leads to align program activities with budget forecast and promote budgetary accountability
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in a program management role is required, program management experience for clinical-stage programs is preferred – wondering if we should make this a minimum of 5 years?
- Biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry experience is highly preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with a proven track record of program leadership who have worked in small companies with highly matrixed environments, and those who have managed multiple programs simultaneously
- The ideal candidate must have demonstrated ability to manage a cross functional team in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, and action oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, an innovative approach to problem-solving, and an integrated view of business and scientific issues
- Able to express ideas and present information clearly and effectively within teams, across functions, and with external partners.
- Ability to plan and facilitate effective, efficient meetings, and prepare clear meeting minutes.
- Comfortable in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a matrixed environment, and to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.