At Blueprint Medicines, as our name indicates, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution with a focus on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicine to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
The Vice President of Business Development will play a leadership role in developing and executing our business strategy and achieving our long-term growth objectives through our corporate alliances, partnerships and other collaborations. Reporting into the Chief Business Officer, this person will lead the Business Development and Alliance Management team in the identification, evaluation, structuring and negotiations of potential partnerships for the company and will play a key role in overseeing the success of the alliances and execution of our partnered programs. This role will help shape corporate strategy, have high visibility across the organization, and will have substantial interactions with the Blueprint’s executive management team and Board of Directors.
- Partner closely with the executive team on the development and execution of a value creation business development strategy that supports Blueprint Medicines long-term growth objectives.
- Identify and assess opportunities to advance the company’s near- and long-term goals through corporate partnerships and alliances, as well as technology in-licensing and out-licensing.
- Partner and collaborate with cross functional stakeholders (science, clinical, commercial, legal, finance) to understand and support key strategic goals associated with business development opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships across a broad sphere of influence, including internal stakeholders, executives and management teams of biopharma companies, venture capitalists, and other external contacts to achieve business development and alliance management objectives. Represent Blueprint as partner of choice at external meetings, conferences and industry events.
- Lead the Business Development team in the development of the business case, financial modeling, valuation, due diligence, deal structuring and negotiation to deliver executed deals.
- Lead/co-lead cross-functional project deal teams that engage key internal stakeholders and external partners (legal counsel, external experts etc.) to ensure successful partnerships.
- Directly manage a portfolio of alliances, monitoring the successful execution of our alliances and partnered programs.
- Lead impasse resolution and serve as direct contact for partner executives as necessary.
- Provide strategic direction, guidance and mentorship to members of the Business Development and Alliance Management functions.
- MBA with at least 15 years of relevant industry experience in biotech/pharma or investment banking; a science background is preferred.
- Experience in negotiating and closing a variety of business agreements including M&A transactions, joint ventures, licensing agreements, co-promotions, strategic alliances and other collaborations
- Strong business and financial acumen with the ability to evaluate deal alternatives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and strong ability to influence particularly in negotiating and closing business deals.
- Ability to identify and prioritize risks that transactions pose to various aspects of the business.
- Knowledge of market and competitive environment including deal activity and potential opportunities.
- Strong leadership and management experience including strategic thinking, innovation, mentoring, scaling, collaboration, etc.
- Strong understanding of the drug development and regulatory processes, lifecycle management and commercialization of therapeutics.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.