At Blueprint Medicines, as our name indicates, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicine to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
- Provide broad strategic and technical leadership across programs and initiatives throughout discovery organization
- Lead one or more small molecule drug discovery programs in the areas of oncology and/or immune-oncology. Provide vision and strategic leadership for these multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams. Manage timelines, milestones, budgets, objectives. Communicate project progress to internal management and external stakeholders.
- Leverage knowledge of cancer biology and/or immunology to explore the function of kinases in relevant cellular contexts and in vivo models. Work with and coordinate other project team colleagues to translate this knowledge into viable clinical strategies including the molecular definition of potential responders
- Supervise, mentor and guide the career development of team members at all levels including PhD-level scientists
- Extend and diversify internal capabilities through interaction with CROs as well as external industry and academic collaborators
- PhD in oncology, cell biology, immunology or related discipline with relevant post-doctoral training
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in a biopharmaceutical setting with extensive experience leading drug discovery project teams from lead optimization to IND-enabling studies
- Recognized as a leader in the field with a strong publication record in the areas of cancer, immunology and/or immuno-oncology.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills with an enthusiasm for participating in a fast-paced environment characterized by rigorous science and innovative thinking
- Demonstrated application of expertise to drug discovery in the context of cancer, inflammation, autoimmunity and/or immuno-oncology
- Significant (3-5 years) experience leading strong multi-disciplinary teams focused on small molecule drug discovery
- Familiarity with engaging and managing external efforts with contract research organizations and academic collaborators
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A team player and mentor, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.