At Blueprint Medicines, as our name indicates, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicine to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
Blueprint Medicines is seeking an exceptional candidate for a Sr. Director, Supply Chain. The candidate will lead the clinical and commercial supply chain planning and execution for Blueprint Medicines’ clinical trial material (CTM) and to be marketed drugs.
In this newly-created position, the Sr. Director, Supply Chain will be responsible for providing leadership, strategy and successful operational execution for all activities and relationships required to ensure the timely and compliant delivery of product for clinical and commercial distribution in preparation for Blueprint Medicines’ first potential US commercial product launch. Reporting to the Sr. Vice President, Technical Operations, the leader in this role will partner extensively with cross-functional stakeholders internally, as well as with multiple contracted vendor organizations externally, for example: contract manufacturing organizations (CMO’s), Commercial Packaging Organizations (CPO’s), and Third-Party Logistics (3PL) providers. The individual will design, develop, and implement all supply strategies at the program level to ensure appropriate processes are established to achieve clinical supply key deliverables for each study within the program, and meet commercial product demand from launch forward. As a key leader in the rapidly growing Technical Operations organization, he/she will lead/impact end-to-end supply chain activities for Phase I through commercialization.
- Develop Blueprint Medicines end-to-end clinical and commercial supply chain strategy, planning, execution, and logistics for long term growth, and to meet the primary goal of fulfilling and delivering to customers.
- Oversee the development and implementation of business processes critical to effective clinical and commercial supply.
- Establish and facilitate (commercial) Sales and Operations Planning process and meeting, incorporating Forecasting and Planning tools along with maintaining strong cross-functional relationships with Commercial, Quality and Finance teams.
- Negotiate and create or amend commercial supply agreements with CMOs, CPOs, and third-party logistics companies to establish reliable, flexible, and efficient supply chain operations that achieve production goals.
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams including Quality, Regulatory, Commercial, Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharm Sci), Finance, Legal, and IT.
- Provide expertise in packaging technology, especially as it pertains to compliance with global regulatory requirements for serialization.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement processes and manage control documentation to address needed changes at CMOs, CPOs and/or key component suppliers, in collaboration with Pharm Sci and Quality organizations.
- Decision making member of Trade and Distribution team that builds the commercial distribution policies, processes and network from 3PL to Sales Channel
- Build and manage large annual budgets for external manufacturing and other services
- Proactively drive cross-functional activities. Work with other line functions and external partners to manage complex projects. Identify potential system/technology improvements/enhancements.
- Maintain and ensure compliance to all policies and SOPs. Develop new policies and functional SOPs, as necessary. Provide training to staff.
- B.S. degree in life sciences, chemistry, engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 12 years in the management of a mix of CTM and commercial supply chain, including experience leading teams and groups in both areas
- Dynamic career progression showing increased responsibility and promotion and at least 10 years of Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC) and supply project management experience
- Demonstrated experience managing an annual budget of >$10MM
- Advanced degree in business, e.g. MBA, with a concentration in supply chain, logistics, etc. a plus
- Demonstrated track record negotiating service and commercial supply agreements
- Deep experience working with CMC Teams and managing relationships with CMOs/CROs
- Product launch experience a significant plus
- Strong organizational and forecasting skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage in and lead high-level supply strategy development
- Ability to nimbly transition and execute between strategy and operational execution, with the flexibility to make course corrections in response to changes in plans
- Ability to anticipate and proactively resolve issues, applying sound judgement
- Successful track record cultivating a high-performance teams; effective as a mentor and coach; able to attract, develop, inspire and retain key talent.
- Possess a flexible approach to problem solving, be an adept negotiator and apply risk based decisions with a quality-focused approach
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- Collaborates and communicates in an open and clear manner, listening effectively and inviting response and discussion, including with CMOs and other external service providers
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.