Blueprint Medicines is seeking a motivated scientist with a BS, MS or PhD degree to engage in medicinal chemistry programs that lead to the identification of drug candidates for clinical development. The individual should possess strong core competency in modern synthetic organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry.
- Design, plan, and execute multi-step organic syntheses and purifications of small molecules as a member of cross-functional research teams
- Work with internal/external teams to efficiently design and deliver high quality compounds for biological evaluation
- Summarize and interpret analytical data and generate research reports/presentations for both internal and external use
- Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in organic chemistry, in addition to 5+ years of applicable experience in a pharmaceutical / biotechnology setting; OR a PhD degree in organic chemistry, in addition to 1-3+ years of medicinal chemistry experience in a pharmaceutical / biotechnology setting
- Demonstrated experience in the design and synthesis of bioactive compounds, with experience in the preparation of novel kinase inhibitors preferred
- Demonstrated exemplary skills in all aspects of modern organic and medicinal chemistry, including data analysis, single compound synthesis, small parallel library design and synthesis, structure based design and analytical and purification methods;
- Demonstrated experience functioning within a strong multi-disciplinary team and utilizing cross-functional information, such as biochemical activity, ADME and pharmacological data, to drive molecular optimization;
- Demonstrated experience in complex problem solving through in-depth analysis of data;
- Demonstrated sustained level of high performance and track record of success in the design and synthesis of bioactive compounds.
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.