Blueprint Medicines is developing a new generation of highly selective and potent kinase medicines to improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our approach is rooted in a deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases. We believe that our ability to identify novel drivers of disease, coupled with our proprietary library of novel and diverse chemical compounds, uniquely enables us to craft kinase therapies against new and difficult-to-drug targets. To aid in this mission, we are seeking a highly creative, experienced medicinal chemist to lead medicinal chemistry programs to identify drug candidates for clinical development.
- Devise, implement and manage medicinal chemistry strategies to achieve project / research goals;
- Design the highest quality kinase inhibitors to meet project goals;
- Effectively manage internal and outsourced medicinal chemistry teams;
- Work collaboratively across diverse functions within and across multidisciplinary project teams.
- Strongly influence the development of testable hypothesis and prioritization of critical path activities to facilitate decision making and drive project progression;
- Effectively communicate new project proposals, medicinal chemistry strategies, innovative ideas and results, both informally and in meetings with colleagues and management.
- PhD degree in organic/medicinal chemistry is required, in addition to a minimum of 8+ years of drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology setting;
- Demonstrated track record of success in moving drug discovery programs efficiently through to clinical candidates. Successful identification of kinase inhibitor clinical candidates is preferred;
- Demonstrated leadership in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery as evidenced by performance and accomplishment;
- Demonstrated technical skills and scientific creativity in organic and medicinal chemistry; as evidenced by a significant publication record in high impact chemistry journals, filed patents and presentations;
- Deep experience implementing medicinal chemistry strategies across all stages of medicinal chemistry from hit identification, through to lead optimization to achieve program goals;
- Experience functioning within strong multi-disciplinary teams and utilizing cross-functional information, such as biochemical activity, ADME and pharmacological data, to drive medicinal chemistry strategies;
- Demonstrated experience in complex problem solving through in depth analysis of data or situations;
- Experience in managing internal and external chemistry teams.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven track record of success in applying innovative ideas to both existing projects and new project selection.
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.