The Director, Patient Access and Support Services will be responsible for designing, implementing and overseeing Blueprint Medicines’ hub and patient access programs. The ultimate goal of these efforts is to optimize patient outcomes by enabling quality access and providing individualized service tailored to patients’ needs. He/she will be responsible for managing external partners and collaborating with internal stakeholders to deliver innovative, patient-focused services for avapritinib, Blueprint Medicines’ first anticipated commercial therapy. He/she will also be responsible for evolving services to meet patients’ needs with anticipated avapritinib indication expansions and subsequent anticipated product approvals.
This individual will be one of the founding members of the Commercial team, and will have the opportunity to impact the future of Blueprint Medicines as a commercial organization. This role reports to the VP, Commercial Strategy and Operations and will work closely with Marketing, Trade and Distribution, Commercial Analytics, Patient Advocacy, Legal and Compliance.
Required Travel: 15-20%
- Design and implement patient services strategy tailored to patient and provider needs
- Define required services. Evaluate, select and contract hub vendor and other partners to build programs to provide reimbursement, education and clinical support (e.g. benefits verification, prior authorization, billing/coding, triage to specialty pharmacy, AE management and reporting)
- Develop and oversee outreach programs to assist with adherence, dose management and side-effect management, working with Trade and Distribution to ensure integration between hub, SPPs and medically-integrated pharmacies
- Incorporate the voice of the patient and providers into program design. Seek feedback to refine and improve services over time
- Manage partners to achieve operational excellence. Establish SOPs, process flows, and program auditing procedures. Ensure compliance, manage to budget, and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Contribute to development of comprehensive data strategy, in collaboration with Information Systems, Trade and Distribution and Commercial Analytics
- Share insights with the commercial team regarding patient access strategy, performance, product utilization patterns and trends to improve patient access and compliance
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders, set key performance metrics for patient services programs. Capture and report metrics to ensure patient services programs are meeting operational targets
- Plan and manage internal and external communications and training for the hub, reimbursement support and patient access programs
- Develop and brand materials to increase customer awareness of patient support services
- Provide access program and call center education to field team and providers
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations. Comply with all laws, regulations and Blueprint Medicines policies. Stay up to date and fully compliant with regulations in a rapidly evolving healthcare environment
- BA/BS degree required. MBA, advanced degree or other equivalent experience preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, including 5 years of direct involvement in developing and/or managing patient services hub and access programs
- Experience in oncology or rare disease required, experience with oral, Medicare Part D products preferred
- Deep understanding of US payer coverage and reimbursement environment, CMS policies pertaining to access services as a result of the Affordable Care Act
- Ability to stay current with digital health technologies to enable cutting-edge customer service solutions
- Demonstrated track record of high business impact via strategic planning and operational excellence
- Strong patient-focused mindset
- Proven track record for bringing a high degree of insight, creativity, and listening to patient and provider needs to develop and deliver patient services in a high impact, innovative and cost-effective way
- Skilled at independently organizing project goals, completing long-term projects on time and within budget and fully integrating them into the work of other functions
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills. Able to identify key performance metrics, generate actionable reports and communicate complex information clearly to internal stakeholders
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills, dedication to mentoring. Ability to attract and retain talent
- A team player who is able to collaborate effectively with a broad range of internal functions, influence without authority, gain consensus and act independently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Versatile, driven and curious to take on new and challenging roles and responsibilities
- Flexibility and the ability to plan and nimbly adapt strategy and approaches to changing conditions
- Motivated by patient focus, urgency and personal commitment to high performance, results and compliance. Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
At Blueprint Medicines Commercial, we are united by a collective urgency to bring transformative therapies from the lab to all appropriate patients. We live by the desire and fire to do things better. Join us, and you will have the freedom to make an impact for patients.
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.