Director, Technical Accounting & Reporting
At Blueprint Medicines, as our name indicates, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicine to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy.
Reporting into the Controller, the Director, Technical Accounting & Reporting, will be primarily responsible for technical accounting, external reporting processes and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, strong process leader who has a strong technical accounting background and seeks an opportunity to work in a publicly-held development-stage pharmaceutical company. The individual should enjoy working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.
- Preparation of SEC filings and earnings releases, including financial statements, footnotes, disclosures and supporting documents
- Review the impact of new or proposed accounting standards, interpretations or regulations from the FASB, AICPA, PCAOB, EITF, and SEC, and communicate impact to management
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with internal controls over financial reporting including maintaining documentation and supporting control testing processes
- Lead the Company’s accounting efforts in preparation for a potential product launch, including establishing revenue and cost accounting policies and procedures
- Participate in the quarterly financial review and year-end financial audit process
- Manage the equity plan and stock option administration process, including calculation of stock-based compensation expense
- Manage accounting related to the Company’s existing collaboration agreement as well as any future agreements
- Financial support for potential future international operations and consolidation activities
- Assist in the monthly close process, including the review of certain monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Provide guidance to operational finance teams to ensure significant transactions are properly disclosed
- Monitor legal contract system and work closely with Accounting team to determine treatment of new material agreements
- Provide guidance to Business Development team on potential new deals
- Assist with specific projects and initiatives (e.g., system enhancements and upgrades, process improvements)
- BS in Accounting; CPA required
- 10 + years of prior related accounting experience
- Previous experience in public accounting as well as small- to mid-sized public biotech and or pharmaceutical company preferred
- Substantial experience in and working knowledge of authoritative GAAP accounting including composition of memos involving technical accounting and related research
- Relevant accounting experience: product launch or experience with a commercial stage company, stock-based compensation, collaboration agreements
- Proficient computer skills; extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated experience with process improvements
- Resourceful and capable of managing to target deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build consensus and work well with a small finance team
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.