At Blueprint Medicines, as our name indicates, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution. We do this by leveraging our one-of-a-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicines to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically-defined cancers, cancer immunotherapy and rare diseases.
- Oversee multiple small molecule drug discovery programs in the area of immune-oncology.
- Provide vision and strategic leadership for these multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams.
- Manage timelines, milestones, budgets and objectives. Communicate project progress to internal management and external stakeholders, including academic and industry partners.
- Leverage knowledge of cancer biology and immunology to influence clinical trial design and biomarker strategies, including the molecular definition of potential responders.
- Supervise, mentor and guide the career development at all levels including PhD-level scientists.
- Extend and diversify internal capabilities through interaction with CROs as well as external collaborators.
- PhD in oncology, cell biology, immunology or related discipline with relevant post-doctoral training
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience in a biopharmaceutical setting with extensive experience leading drug discovery project teams from lead optimization to IND-enabling studies
- Recognized as a leader in the field with a strong publication record in the areas of cancer, immunology and/or immuno-oncology.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills with an enthusiasm for participating in a fast-paced environment characterized by rigorous science and innovative thinking
- Demonstrated application of expertise to drug discovery in the context of cancer, inflammation, autoimmunity and/or immuno-oncology
- Significant experience leading strong multi-disciplinary teams focused on small molecule drug discovery
- Familiarity with engaging and managing external efforts with contract research organizations and academic collaborators
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A team player and mentor, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.