Director, Alliance Management
At Blueprint Medicines, as our name indicates, we are creating a blueprint for the future of healthcare. We are a leading company in the personalized medicine revolution by focusing on delivering new medicines that are targeted to the genetic driver of disease. We do this by leveraging our one-of-kind drug discovery platform to discover, develop and work to bring highly-selective kinase inhibitors to patients globally. This prolific scientific platform has enabled Blueprint Medicine to build a pipeline of novel therapies that span three distinct areas of medicine; genomically defined cancers, rare diseases and cancer immunotherapy. As we continue to build out our pipeline of personalized therapies, we are seeking an experienced alliance management professional to lead our existing and future strategic alliances with biotech, pharma and contract research organization (CRO) partners.
As we continue to build out our pipeline of personalized therapies, we seek an experienced Alliance Management professional to lead collaborations with leading biotech and pharmaceutical companies and key companion diagnostics partners. This Director of Alliance Management will also be tasked with developing the strategy and continued management of future partnerships. This is an exciting time to join our growing company!
- Manage multiple collaborations to ensure that key goals for each alliance are achieved and the value for Blueprint and its partners is maximized
- Create, direct, and execute on a successful alliance management strategy for each collaboration
- Develop a deep understanding of contractual elements pertinent to each alliance
- Support near- and long-term alliance objectives while maintaining a broad perspective on corporate strategy and goals
- Oversee BPMC’s contractual obligations, and be the go-to person internally and for our partners on all alliance-related matters
- Work closely with and support cross-functional teams to prepare for interactions with our partners. Be familiar and close enough to the details of the programs to manage day-to-day issues and to provide strategic directions to the teams
- Prepare agendas, manage partner meetings, and document the key discussion points and decisions taken at these meetings
- Drive and/or assist in the review and creation of inter-company communications
- Perform regular audits to take the temperature on the alliances
- Proactively identify potential future issues and develop mitigation plans
- Identify issues as they arise internally, or as a result of partner interactions, and work with the leadership team and other necessary stakeholders to formulate a position/strategy and participate and/or drive the resolution process
- Clearly and concisely communicate (both written and verbally) alliance issues and possible resolution to the various internal and partner stakeholders
- Contribute to final stages of BD deal discussions to ensure that an optimal alliance structure is set up for success, and to prepare for alliance kick-off
- Develop (along with VP of Corporate Development) and deliver the vision for the alliance management function as we continue to evolve as a company
- Prior experience creating and executing on alliance management best practices in the pharma/biotech industry is required
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, while an advanced degree (MBA or PhD) is preferred
- Thorough understanding of the drug development and commercialization process and essential activities across all key functional areas
- Proven success as a cross-functional leader that is able to influence others
- Process-minded with the ability to be flexible and nimble when appropriate
- An energetic, problem solver that is effective at detecting and managing risk, while providing quick responses to emerging problems
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically on a regular basis
- Flexibility to accommodate teleconferences outside of regular working hours
- Passion for our alliances and for maximizing the value they bring to Blueprint as well as the potential resulting therapies that will be brought to patients
- Strong ability to identify the reports, processes, and/or template documents that will provide the most value and employ them appropriately
- Leverage internal and external resources effectively
- Must be able to earn the trust and respect of executives, scientists, clinicians, administrators, investors, and collaborators while driving the initiatives
- Must be able to anticipate and resolve organizational, interpersonal, and technical matters including those related to deliverables, intellectual property and contractual obligations
- Creative problem solver who is articulate and driven to achieve, with a high degree of business savvy
- At home in a results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A team player, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- A collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WHO WE ARE:
Blueprint Medicines’ mission is to dramatically improve the lives of patients with genomically defined diseases. Our singular focus is to use our deep understanding of the genetic blueprint of cancer and other diseases driven by the abnormal activation of kinases to craft highly selective medicines aimed at eradicating these diseases.
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us does matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.